Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We won!!

My daughter had a softball game last night. She pitched 2 innings and did great - struck out their best batter. We played the number 1 team and beat them 16-5 - it was great. We are in third place right now. My daughter was not going to play this year but the league called and said they needed another pitcher so she said she would. This is our 2nd game since she started and we have won both. We have 9 games left so maybe we can get up to first place. She is a really good pitcher and loves it so much. She is 11 and already 5'3 and is at around 50 miles per hour. Her goal is to be up to 55-60 by spring - I am sure she can do it. She is so competitive and loves the sport so much. I think it is great for kids to have something they love to do. I envy her - to have something you love that much and to be so good at it. She's a very lucky little girl and will go far in this sport if she stays in it. I am thinking scholarships down the road - with college prices these days that would be a blessing.

0 comments: