Thursday, September 25, 2008

I feel like I'm back in high school again

I graduated from high school in 1984 which makes me 42 right now. My daughter is 11 and in the 6th grade and they are having Spirit Week this week. Today was 80's day. Wow - I had to sit and think how did I dress and wear my hair during that time. Well, hair was big, feathered, crimped, etc. Dress was a lot of Guess jeans, Jordache and Gloria Vanderbilt. Lots of jewelry, big bracelets and lots of make up. She wore leg warmers today over her jeans - a polo - and wore her hair in a side pony tail with the kind of hair ties we used (the ones with the balls on them) - It was strange seeing her this morning - I was transported back in time. We got out all my old yearbooks to see how everyone was dressed. I've been living my high school days all over again these past few days. Oh how I miss it!! I would not want to go through my teens again but still I miss it. I think what I miss the most was the friendships and knowing there were people that would stick up for you, stand by you and love you no matter what. Now that I think of it that is exactly how I feel towards my children - pure unconditional love.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Yes, God does work that way. If something doesn't happen that we want to happen we can rest asured, He has another plan for us. I wish He would hurry up and let me in on His plans for me..I have days when I don't know what He is doing with me. I faith that it will be something awesome though, because He is a big God.
Barbara :)

Kim said...

Neat post! This weekend was my 20 yr high school reunion. It was great remembering all those times.
Kimmis Krazy World
Flipping Adventures
Kims Kountry Kitchen
Postcard from Somewhere
Busy Bee Village
Talk Time with Kim