Thursday, September 25, 2008

Are you getting scared yet?

Gas prices, the job market, foreclosures, all the talk that we are in a financial crisis. I overheard some ladies talking at the grocery store this morning that they were getting scared to put their money in the bank and one even said she was going to withdraw everything and keep it at her house. I don't know about you but I think that may be going a little too far at this point. I don't understand exactly what is going on but I do understand it some. I agree that we are in a financial crisis and it does scare me but this is the United States. I think we will be all right with time. We can persevere and we are a strong people. What do you think? Everyone has different views on this and I really love to hear them all. I don't want to hear about the president, or the future president, unless you want to talk about it then that's fine. I have learned from experience to keep your opinion of that to yourself - you will always make someone mad. It almost seems that the people will make this worse than it has to be if everyone starts withdrawing all of their money out of the banks then that will definitely make things go downhill fast! I would love to hear some opinions on this.

1 comments:

Betsyanne (E Sheppard) said...

I am concerned about the current crisis too - especially since the bailout does NOT come with a guarantee attached. I just read Michael Moore's take on this and put a link to it on my blog here:
http://betsyanne.blogspot.com/