Monday, March 9, 2009

Changing times

Have not posted in quite a while.  Life has gotten in the way as it doees for most of us.  I have a heavy heart today and I don't know how to handle this.  My brother, 44, is on drugs and has been most of his life since he was 16.  We have tried to help him so many, many times and I have come to realize you can't help someone that doesn't want help but it is so heartbreaking to see him like this.  He lives with my mom on and off and I have told her she shouldn't let him.  She just can't turn him away.  I really think I could, tough love, you know?  But probably something easier said than done.  He is an electrician and so very smart and talented.  He can fix anything.  He could have his own business and be very rich right now honestly but he has thrown all of that away.  He has never been married and has no kids (and that's a blessing).  He did some work for my husband about 6 months ago and we paid him for his service.  He has come now out of the blue saying we didn't pay him and we owed him $50.00.  I don't know where this is coming from because we did pay him at the time.  I know he needs drugs and he is broke which is why he needs money.  We will not give it to him.  He called our house on Friday 20 times.  I was the only one home and my  husband was at work.  He just kept screaming at me with foul language and told me he was waiting for Jeff (my husband) to come over there so  he could kick his a*s.  He really scared me.  I went to my mom's house yesterday and he was there.  He threatened me and said he better not see me over there again unless I had his $50.00.  We have already decided if he calls us one more time I am calling the police.  I hate to do that but have no choice.  He even told me I was not his sister anymore.  Well, it is sad and I am upset as I do love my brother and I just don't know what to do.  Sad post, I know, but I needed to vent and the perfect place to do this is on a blog!  Hope everyone has a great day.  If anyone has any experience dealing with adult siblings on drugs I would like to hear from you.  

1 comments:

Anita said...

So sad about your brother. When one person is screwing up in the family it affects everyone. I had an alcoholic brother and life was miserable. He died in 2000 and life calmed down for all of us. I wish he wouldn't have been an alcoholic and was still here.Your poor mother probably feels in the middle between you two. Good luck with that situation, I know it is hard. I will be praying for you. Anita
http://buyamericaback.blogspot.com