Wednesday, March 18, 2009

American Idol

Michael Sarver started the night off with an energetic performance of Ain't Goin' Down till the Sun Comes Up.   I didn't like it and predict he goes home tonight.

Allison Ireheta sang Blame It On Your Heart and she did a great job.  Part country and part rock and her performance was good.  I can't see her winning American Idol but she does  have a very mature voicefor being only 16 and is a good singer. All the judges liked her performance so I don't see her in the bottom 2 tonight.

Kris Allen - To Make You Feel My Love - You know what they say, "less is more". Well that was definitely the case with this performance.  He sang this song so beautifully and I hope to see him in the finals.  If not I'm sure he will defintely get some kind of contract out of the deal.  I hope he continues to do well.  He is one of my favorites.

Lil Rounds - Independence Day - She sang it well but she's not one of my favorites.  She can sing but is so like many other R&B singers.  I do not see her going far. 

Adam Lampert - Ring of Fire - I'm with Simon, What was that???  To me it was horrible and a complete mess.  I do not like Adam as a lot of people seem to.  He relies on his looks too much and I don't think he can sing at all.  We shall see but I expect him to be in the final 4 anyway.  

Scott McIntyre - Wild Angels - Performance was the same as last week but it was heart-felt  He can sing but not good enough to stay in the competition much longer. 

Alexis Grace - Jolene - I like her and she can sing.  I don't think I like her as much as most people.  I do think she will be in the top 4 if not higher.  She seems to be well liked by the judges and the public. 

Danny Gokey - Jesus Take the Wheel - Not as good as last week but still good.  This boy can sing and I like him.  He will be in the final 4 - I will be shocked if he isn't.  He is also one of my favorites.

Anoop DeSai - You Were Always On My Mind - After last week's Beat It, I was a little apprehensive about Anoop, but he came to compete and delivered an admirable vocal on this song.  This is just what he needed to stay in the competition.

Megan Joy Corkrey - Walkin' After Midnight - I didn't like her last night even though she did have the flu - I just don't think she can sing and I hate the sound of her voice.  I am really surprised she is still around - there were so many better singers that got cut.  I don't see her being around much longer. 

Matt Giraud - So Small -  It was an excellent performance and I loved it.  The judges all agreed and thought this was the best performance.  I disagree and think Kris delivered the best performance but Matt was great.


Who will go home? I say Scott more than likely.

Who will be in the top 4?  I think (and not my opinion) will be Danny, Adam, Alexis and Allison.  Who I think should be in the top 4?  Danny, Kris, Anoop and Matt - just my opinion.

 What do you think?

0 comments: