Thursday, July 31, 2008

School days..

School in Tennessee starts on August 11 which is really early to me because I grew up in Illinois and we never started school until after Labor Day due to heat. That really amuses me because it gets so much hotter here. The schools are air conditioned though. I hear a lot of mothers say they can't wait until school starts, that the kids are "driving them crazy". I'm just the opposite. I love the summer when the kids are home. Everything is so much more relaxed. During the school year things get so hectic, making sure homework is done, after school functions, projects they have to do, etc. I don't want to sound lazy, I'm not, I just like it in the summer because my kids are here with me and I know they're safe. We have 2 more weeks until then and school clothes shopping this weekend. It is tax free weekend so I plan on getting everything if I can. New clothes, new shoes, school supplies, what fun!

2 comments:

Anita said...

I came to your site cause I am on Bookcrazy with you. I live in Illinois, thought I would make you feel better by letting you know that my kids start school on the 18th of August this year. It gets earlier and earlier EVERY Year. I believe it is a conspiracy towards year round school (kind of kidding)

Rita said...

I know what you mean! My kids start this Friday for 2 hours, August 8 - then full-time on August 11. I cant believe that too!

Thanks!

Rita