Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Am I still pretty?

I am not a beautiful person (on the outside anyway) but I'm not ugly either. I consider myself average. I am very petite, 5'1, 120 pounds and have never had a problem with weight. People have always thought I am younger than what I am and I think that is due to my size. The sad thing is they no longer do that. I had my first child when I was 18 (too young I know) and I have a 24-year-old daughter along with an 11-year-old daughter and 16-year-old son. My daughter had her first child almost 2 years ago and she had her 2nd on January 1. Obviously the 2nd was not planned but we couldn't imagine our life without William! When I take my grandchildren somewhere with me people automatically assume I'm the mother and that makes me feel great. I don't even want to correct them but of course I do. When I say I'm their grandmother they just look at me like I"m crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, I hope I can say the same thing when I become a grandmother!

Rita said...

Having my first daughter when I was 18 helps that a lot - lol - I have always looked younger than what I am - but now that I'm starting to get "the signs of aging" I'm sure that will change real soon! Thanks for the comment.