Saturday, August 2, 2008

Why is he looking?

I have noticed lately that my husband "looks" at younger women more than he use to. I know it's only natural to look, I do it. It bothers me more now than it did 10 years ago because I don't feel like I can even begin to compete with that. I look at these young women and they are so skinny and so attractive, and then I look at myself, "tummy bulge" from having 3 kids, those small lines around the eyes, face sagging just a tad bit, spider veins beginning to creep up on my thighs. When he looks it makes me feel ugly and I hate it! I told him it's okay to look just don't do it when you're with me. Does your husband look at other women? How do you handle this? I am curious to know how other women react to this. Please leave comments and let me know!

4 comments:

SF said...

If it bothers you that much, remind him of the beautiful woman you are, and I reiterate 'woman' - not some young girl who would only give him grief.

Maybe dress a little differently every now and then. Switch the make up. Make it subtle, not obvious. He'll notice, and he'll see others vying for your attention too!

Not trying to get you into trouble, but marriage is difficult, gotta keep the spice!

Unknown said...

If I see my hubby looking at someone too young I just say, "Wow, you could be her father!" He gets the point! :)

Dee said...

My husband will look and comment. I don't find anything wrong with it because I know he loves me. We'll be going somewhere and I'll even point the girls with nice butts or big boobs out to him. He thinks that's "cute" and says he loves me more because I'm not jealous.

This started not long after we got married and I use to watch Charmed. He'd watch it with me but say he was only watching it to catch the obligatory "nip shots" they had in every episode.

I have to say, I was married before and at 27 he was fooling around with a 16 year old. I never thought I'd be able to trust someone again but when you love and trust someone they can look all they want as long as they don't touch. I think I'd be more worried if he didn't look at other women in front of me. I'd be suspicious that he was trying to hide something.

Barbara said...

Yeah, I'm not married, so I don't really have this problem, but I hear lots of my guy friends talking about the "cute young thing" You know, your husband loved you, and even though he may look on occasion, it doesn't mean he wants them. Besides, us womem in our 40's are pretty awesome.We have knowledge and wisdom, and we are still sexy..Keep smiling.
Barbara :)