Saturday, August 15, 2015

Back again and going down the lonely road

Okay - I am back to posting after what, years?  I am now 49 years old and my daughter is 18 and starting her first year of college in 2 weeks. I will have to rename this blog to the 50's life real soon.

I am having a very hard time with my youngest growing up. We are so so so close and thankfully she is staying home for now, as her college is only a 20 minute drive. She may end up changing her mind later on but for now.....

She is majoring in biology and concentrating on zoology. She is a huge animal lover and that is not even getting close to it. She will do amazing in whatever she goes into after college. She graduated from high school with a 3.9 GPA and is an amazing young lady. She went through her school years without getting into trouble one time. Isn't that amazing??  I know she is not perfect, but still I could not ask for a better child.

 I work at home still thankfully. I am a freelance writer who works a lot of hours but well worth it. Now that my daughter is hardly ever home, my husband working, and my other two kids out on their own, I am finding myself more alone than ever.  I am a shy person who does not make friends easily. I moved to TN when I was 20 from Illinois, which is where I grew up. It is much harder to make friends when you become an adult. Now that I am alone I need to make some but how?  I will have to figure this out, or I will be by myself more than ever. Well, that is it for today. I am so sorry that I stopped blogging but I will keep up with this blog a lot from now on. If any of you have children in college please let me know how you handled it.

0 comments: